The Hendersonville Branch
- Advocates for equality, individual rights, and social justice for a diverse society
- Supports a strong system of public education that promotes gender fairness, equity, and diversity
- Advocates for all women to achieve economic self-sufficiency
- Supports vigorous enforcement of Title IX and all other civil rights laws pertaining to education and AAUW National Priorities
Our Branch 2022-23 Goals are to:
- Engage our current and prospective members in relevant, fulfilling, impactful activities.
- Increase our voice, visibility, and influence in our community through coalition efforts and intensified public relations.
- Provide a wide variety of opportunities (places, times, topics) for our current and prospective members to interact, learn, and support the organization’s mission.
- Increase membership by two each month.
- Successfully transition to a five member leadership team while streamlining branch operations and the roles, responsibilities and tenure of our leaders.
- Be focused and flexible.
- Have fun!
Our Branch Commitment:
In principle and in practice, AAUW values and seeks an inclusive membership, workforce, leadership team and board of directors. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, geographical location, national origin, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status.
Our Branch Leadership Team:
Learn More About Our Branch Leadership Team. Read about the Hendersonville Branch leadership team and communications team members. In addition, review information about several key AAUW North Carolina and AAUW National leaders.