Results of the 2020 AAUW-HVL Challenge
Find out more under Scholarship Support above.
AAUW — Funding Women’s History
Read about the history of AAUW as it relates to women’s pursuit of higher education, beginning after the Civil War and continuing today with a total of $115 million in fellowships and grants to more than 13,000 scholars in the United States, its territories and 150 countries. In the 2020-21 academic year alone, AAUW awarded $3.9 million.
- The purpose of AAUW is to advance equity for women and girls through advocacy, education and research.
- The national AAUW has 100,000 members nationwide with more than 1,000 branches that lobby for education and equity for women.
- AAUW leads the fight for fair pay and economic opportunity, removing the barriers and biases that stand in the way of gender equity.
Our Branch Offers
- Stimulating monthly meetings on topics that help advance AAUW’s mission.
- Smaller interest groups meet regularly to expand your social and educational pursuits.
- Annual college scholarships to deserving women students at Blue Ridge Community College funded through the Community Foundation and BRCC Education Foundation