VERY IMPORTANT MEETING — Tuesday, April 12, 2022
Trinity Presbyterian Church, Blythe Street, 10 am. This is an in-person meeting where we will vote on the question of dissolving our local branch. SAVE THE DATE and plan to attend. More complete information will follow within the next two weeks.
Questions and Answers about dissolving our branch
AAUW — Funding Women’s History
Read about the history of AAUW as it relates to women’s pursuit of higher education, beginning after the Civil War and continuing today with a total of $115 million in fellowships and grants to more than 13,000 scholars in the United States, its territories and 150 countries. In the 2020-21 academic year alone, AAUW awarded $3.9 million.
- The purpose of AAUW is to advance equity for women and girls through advocacy, education and research.
- The national AAUW has 100,000 members nationwide with more than 1,000 branches that lobby for education and equity for women.
- AAUW leads the fight for fair pay and economic opportunity, removing the barriers and biases that stand in the way of gender equity.
Our Branch Offers
- Stimulating monthly meetings on topics that help advance AAUW’s mission.
- Smaller interest groups meet regularly to expand your social and educational pursuits.
- Annual college scholarships to deserving women students at Blue Ridge Community College funded through the Community Foundation and BRCC Education Foundation